Goodies from the Polish shop

There are a few Polish shops in Calgary and recently I have visited one of them. I got some great Polish sweets like Ptasie Mleczko or Pierniki Toruńskie (Toruń gingerbread). The first one is a soft chocolate covered candy with a filling that is hard to describe, some say it is chocolate covered vanilla marshmallow but I wouldn’t agree because it has a different texture than marshmallow.

And Pierniki Torunskie is something I must have every Christmas. They come from the city of Torun where Nicolaus Copernicus was born. They are handmade in Torun and are either covered with chocolate or icing, some are stuffed with jam and come in different shapes. I love these cookies!

You should try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...